From Madras to Manila

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Conquest of Taal - The Promised Pics

Alas, I'm ashiamed of myself but journalistic conscience forces me to state, for the record, that I misled you in my previous post. The dimple mentioned there was just that - a dimple. The volcano is alongside and we were just beginning to climb it when I took this picture.
The view is simply heavenly at the top. The lake is lovely, with little wisps of steam visible here and there if you look really closely while you are there.

[If you can see the wisps in this photograph, it's time to replace your glasses.]


Another breath-taking look at the lake from a slightly different vantage point. You'd think the other mountain is the volcano, wouldn't you? Trust the volcano to be the one least likely to be the real cheez.

I believe it is possible to make the trek down to the lake - you can, of course, take a guide *wink* - but we'll save that for another time!













Now here you can actually see the smoke rising from some deep, subterranean layer of really hot rock!

3 Comments:

  • wow...smoke!!!
    if you ask me i think the place view is better off without the volcano crowding it.

    By Blogger Sumit, at 9:26 PM  

  • Hi Amit & Sandi!
    Gino & I really enjoyed talking with you. We hope we can meet up sometime and try out nice new places to eat in.
    I've been so busy I haven't had time to upload pictures from the Salcedo Nights concert.
    Be safe, and if you need anything don't hesitate to give us a call or SMS!
    :) Kathy

    By Blogger Kat, at 9:40 PM  

  • He, he... nice blog !

    By Blogger Sidney, at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home